Teaching Piano to Preschoolers

https://www.onlinepianocoach.com/piano-keyboard-diagram.html

White Keys and the Basic Notes

Here is another piano keyboard diagram with the note names of the white keys, or the basic notes:
Piano Keyboard with Notenames
You can see that the 7 basic notes (A B C D E F G) are repeated over and over. But each time the pitch (how high or low the tone is) is sounding one octave higher (if you go to the right).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuI999bwvXA

https://www.palomapiano.com/blog-post/10-activities-to-use-with-preschool-students/
#2 Name the Finger
After teaching finger numbers I practice with the student by touching different fingers on his hand and having him call out the finger numbers. I also let the student point to my fingers as I call out the finger numbers. The fun part is to go faster and faster as the game goes along.

#3 Key Finder
I call out note names and have the student find the keys. For example I might say find all of the D’s on the piano. or play two different G’s with your second finger. I always give the students the chance to play teacher and call out keys for me to play. Sometimes I ask the student to catch my mistakes.

#4 Clap Back
Clap rhythmic combinations and have the student clap the combination back to you. The student can also play teacher and clap examples for you to repeat.

#5 Sing Back
Play pitches on the keyboard and have the student sing the pitches back to you. If the student experiences difficulty you can sing along with him.

#6 High, Middle and Low sounds.
Explore high, middle and low sounds on the piano. Have the student sit in a chair facing away from the piano, play high, middle and low sounds for the student to identify.

#7 Copy Cat
Play notes on the piano and have your student repeat what you have just played. (See the “Copy Cat” song in the Petite People’s Primer).

#8 Name That Tune
Play a familiar song or piece from the Petite Primer, see how long it takes for the student to call out the name of the song.

#9 Rhythm Only
Clap the rhythm to a song and have the student identify the song by rhythm only. For my preschool students I play two songs on the piano, I then clap the rhythm to one of them for the student to identify.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resource to learn Chinese

Subjects